Tuesday, July 5, 2011

2010-2011 Panini Luxury Suite Hockey

Luxury Suite was quite a welcome SURPRISE for me! Right off the bat I will say that up to this point Panini's card design was a little lack luster. Every product consisted of foiled card fronts that smeared easily and were damaged by the slightest gust of wind. However, in terms of design for Luxury Suite, Panini scored big time! All cards in the product are on 100-120 PT card stock. This makes for a card that feels valuable AND withstands all of the bumps and bruises cards endure.









Now let's move to content. I would have to give Luxury Suite a middle of the road average on content. The Rookie Relic Autos are OUTSTANDING, featuring the on card autos and nice two color swatches, they are not as nice at the Rookie Silhouettes from Crown Royale, but probably the second best rookie Panini has produced. The area this product lacked in was the Autograph section. Each pack had a Rookie, a Jersey, and A Bigger Hit. The rookies are what's to be expected; guys most have never heard of that didn't make the cut for the Auto'd Jersey variation. (I am COMPLETELY okay with these rookies being bland as I would not want to waste an auto or jersey hit on ANY of these guys) However, the "Star" and "Retired" Autographs were few and far between. In the case I busted, there were no "star" auto's and only 3 "retired" autos. Do not get me wrong, the Old School Auto cards are GORGEOUS, however I would have loved to see more of them for such a pricey product.






Before I leave this product for the next I would like to address a small Quality Control Issue ...



Overall I would say that Luxury Suite was another step in the right direction for Panini. At $180 per box I would say it is VERY hit or miss. Stick to Group Breaks on this product as you will get something, but will only spend half of that price on it. Hopefully Panini will continue to learn form their consumers and continue to progress to bigger and better things in the card world. Until Next Time...Happy MOJO!

No comments:

Post a Comment